Spinach Pie with Feta Cheese & Herbs
SPINACH PIE WITH FETA & HERBS
This pie is full of vitamins C, K, calcium and fibre. It’s green, sweet and fresh and will help the function of your gut. // serves 6
1 onion, chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
500gr frozen spinach
200gr fresh greens, chopped
1 small bunch of dill, chopped
1 small bunch of mint, chopped
200gr feta cheese, chopped in squares
Salt and pepper
12 filo pastry sheets (540gr)
1. Preheat the oven to 200C. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a deep pan and add the onion. Stir until it softens.
2. Add the spinach (as is frozen) with a splash of water and cover with a lid. Let shimmer for 10 min or so until the spinach is all thawed.
3. Add the greens and put the lid on again for another 5 min until they are all softened.
4. Stir well and finally, add the feta, dill and mint and season with a bit of salt and pepper.
5. Oil an oven dish well and open the filo pastry on a flat surface.
6. Take one filo sheet, lay it on the oven dish and brush it with oil. Repeat for 6 filo sheets.
7. Add the greens mixture on top of the filo sheets and cover with the remaining filo sheets, oiling each one of them.
8. When you finish, put the dish in the oven and bake for around 20 min until the filo looks golden.
Note: Take a piece to work and you will be the hero of the office!