Chicken with Sweet Vegetables & Honey Orange Jus
The sweetness of nature in a main dish. Who needs dessert?
4 chicken thighs, bone on
1 cup of sweet potato cut in cubes
1 cup of butternut squash cut in cubes
1 red bell pepper cut in slices
1 yellow bell pepper cut in slices
1 cup of button mushrooms
2 courgettes (zucchini) cut in round slices
1 garlic, cut horizontally
1 small bunch of thyme
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp english mustard
Juice of 1 orange
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Put the raw chicken and vegetables in a baking tray.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and add the extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix the thyme, honey, mustard and orange juice well in a jug and pour over the chicken and veg.
- Mix everything very well so they are all covered with the lovely juices.
- Put in the oven for 30 minutes or so, turning everything once midway, until it is all lovely and golden.
- Serve hot.
Note: Children love this dish. Involve them in the preparation and mixing the ingredients for junior masterchefs in the making!